Dear Collin,
Today is a big day. I have my very last ultrasound. We are going to check your size (because you have been such a big baby through the whole process!) and we should hopefully have a better insight as to when you might make your appearance into the world.
I am so ready for you to be here. Not only because I am anxious to see what you look like, and hold you, and feed you, and snuggle with you, etc.....but because it is almost July and things are getting a little unbearable! This has been the hottest June in over 20 years. The highs have been in the 100's and we have not had any rain in a month! My ankles swell each day like balloons. I also have pregnancy induced carpel tunnel syndrome. My thumb, index finger and middle finger on my right hand are completely numb. It makes things hard when you are right handed! My doctor says that this will go away as soon as you are here. I have been having some contractions, although not too many lately. Mostly just pressure in my lower tummy. Hopefully that means that you are dropping down and ready to come out!
You love to move around in the evenings starting at about 8:00 pm. It seems to be your most active time of the day. You are positioned head down, and you love to stick out your butt and flail your arms and legs around. You also get hiccups quite frequently. About twice a day, and usually after I eat.
Pregnancy cravings right now are all about sweets and staying cool. I love sweet iced tea right now, especially raspberry flavored. I also am loving ice cream, sorbet, and anything bad for me. (cookies, candy, junk food) I also love me some mexican food...although it's so rich it usually ends up making me sick. My all time pregnancy craving that has lasted throughout has been chicken salad. Just plain or on a sandwich, I can't seem to get enough of it. I think that the people at la madeline must know me by name by now because that is my favorite place to get it. I go for lunch about once a week!
Your Dad and I are all ready for you to get here. We have everything set up for you, and I am looking forward for you to be able to use it all. We have been so blessed with gifts from friends and family that I think that we received everything that we needed.
June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment