July 21, 2009

Week 1

Dear Collin,

What a journey the past week has been! I can not put into words the feelings that overwhelm me when I think about how much your Dad and I love you. We had been waiting so long for you to make your appearance, and now that you are here we just don't know what to do with ourselves.

I feel like I have been through all kinds of crazy emotions the past couple of days. My hormones are out of whack and I cry at the drop of a hat, sometimes just thinking about you.

We left the hospital on Friday when you were 3 days old. It amazes me that the hospital just let us walk out of there with full trust in your Dad and I to take good care of you. I was so happy and proud to walk you in your home. I just knew that you would be more happy at home instead of confined in the walls of the hospital. Sure enough, as soon as we came in the door and took you out of your car seat you opened your eyes to take in your new surroundings. I wish our first night home would have been as peaceful as your homecoming...but your Dad and I made it through.

For your one week birthday, we took your first trip out. Granted it was just back to the hospital for a couple of appointments, but you did great. We saw your pediatrician who gave you a clean bill of health. I'm so glad to have confirmation that you are doing great. What can I say, I am a paranoid first time mom.

You have changed our lives forever, and your Dad and I are so blessed to have you. One week down and many more to come!

No comments: