Wow has this month been jam packed! Right after you turned one month old I started a string of pediatrician visits. Something just wasn’t quite right in your world. There was lots of fussiness and uncomfortability. We soon found out that you had a milk protein allergy, which meant that you are allergic to milk proteins in my breast milk. We were told to switch you to a special formula that would fix you right up. I came home from that pediatrician visit, fixed you up a bottle of formula and fed you. You went right to sleep and I thought the formula was magic! But…over the next couple of days I still sensed that you were not feeling good. I took you back to the pediatrician on a Monday morning and she diagnosed you with acid reflux. She sent us on our way with a prescription for Prevacid and said that we would see a change in about 7-10 days. I think the medicine kind of messed with your tummy because we were back at the pediatrician on Friday morning to be seen for a major diaper rash! Again we walked out with a prescription for diaper rash cream. Poor girl just hasn’t had a good month! The good news is that you are growing like a weed! You fit into some of your 3 month clothing. You are starting to establish somewhat of a daily routine. I can usually count on a long nap mid day and for you to go to bed for the night around 7:30 pm. You are still waking in the night to eat, usually around 2 am and again at 5 am . You also started smiling and cooing. Its the cutest thing in the world and all of us can't get enough of it!
Hates: baths, bouncers, getting your diaper changed
Loves: Pacifier (finally!) being held, getting your hair washed under the kitchen faucet, being swaddled
Stats:
Weight: 11 pounds, 11 ounces (65%)
Height: 23 in. (78%)
Head Circumference: 15 (50%)

No comments:
Post a Comment